Price: $60.00 – PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1ST, 2013 $75.00
This course is a pre-course option for ACLS students and other healthcare providers, and is also intended for ACLS students who complete ACLS pre-course self-assessment and find they need to improve their knowledge. The course addresses a key knowledge gap in electrocardiogram (ECG) and pharmacology, and focuses on specific ECG recognition skills and drug treatment knowledge.
• Heart anatomy
• Basic electrophysiology
• Normal ECG measurements
• Basic arrhythmias
• Basic ACLS drugs and usage
• Drugs, doses and routes of administration during cardiovascular emergencies
• Integrating basic drug pharmacology into ACLS algorithms
* THE ACLS COURSE DOES NOT TEACH ECG AND RHYTHM RECOGNITION.
STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT CONFIDENT IN THEIR ECG SKILLS SHOULD TAKE THE PREP COURSE PRIOR TO ACLS
* Prerequisites: BLS/CPR training with valid certification from American Heart Association.